GhostDotA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GhostDotA

Poll

Who's the best admin?!
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_lcap42%Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_rcap 42% [ 117 ]
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_lcap33%Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_rcap 33% [ 91 ]
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_lcap5%Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_rcap 5% [ 15 ]
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_lcap14%Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_rcap 14% [ 38 ]
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_lcap3%Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_rcap 3% [ 8 ]
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_lcap3%Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_vote_rcap 3% [ 8 ]

Total Votes : 277

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Vouch Request
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 2:50 am by TMV

» sad sad sad
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 10:59 am by BeautyMustDie

» A new and weird blacklist.
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 8:50 am by MinionMe

» Vouch request
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 2:18 am by DobleU

» Dani[sh] blacklisted 3months
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:05 pm by MinionMe

» Ban request - VoliOtaKi13
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 1:24 am by EnzoMofo

» YAWA Flame again!!!
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 9:29 pm by Dani[SH]

» BAN for nothing
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 6:33 am by ernie/3foot2

» Feed on purpose/unfair votekick
Team League - Week 1 Roundup. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 4:47 am by EnzoMofo

+8
DrazR
woefthetripper
bedRock-
Try2KiLLmE
pdc
Wislaa-
psychodog
1.raze.2raze.3
12 posters

Team League - Week 1 Roundup.

ernie/3foot2
    ernie/3foot2

Team League - Week 1 Roundup. Empty Team League - Week 1 Roundup.

Post  ernie/3foot2 Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Great start, a few blows to those that were not organised fully and slightly let down with their first time, but having the 8 man signups seemed to have helped that.

Thanks to all that took part, for the first week. And here is the leaggue so far:

http://challonge.com/GSDTEAMLEAGUE

To be honest the first week was always going to have its issues as it is new to us as it is to many of you. Nevertheless we got there and we have some great results, some fantastic team play, but also, have a lot further to go.

For those that won their games, well done, for those that had issues, dont fret! There is a lot of points still to collect and anything can happen!

We had some games streamed. Some of the stream was laggy and is something we will address, unfortunately, I did request for sometime now for people to step forward who can stream, but the number of volunteers was... well... zero.... Smile

On that note, I had a massive level of people looking to obs the games, for any future obs slots, (one will always be for the ref/admin) I will give it to those that can stream the game... and stream at a decent quality. I'd like to give a special thanks to CeZer.WilDoNe, Zone666 and stupiedPDC for taking on honourary admin roles for the evening to support referee work, along side KILL_ON_SIGHT while I was ref and got dc'd. It was a lot of work for the GSD staff to make sure all the games got started on time and with a few of the staff memebers either playing or not alble to attend on the times... the community came together... fantastic stuff!!

Some hiccups along the way... we did have 11 team to start with, the two US teams didn't show up on time, but thankfully, I had a reserve team on side captained by Z.U.M.A that filled the spot of one of the teams that didn't. As for the 2nd US team, they made an appearance in the early hours, and I decided to allow them to play... nothing wrong with a littl help for our neighbours across the pond. With that being said, the games VS Team DAP will be played at a later time than normal schedule, which I will discuss with them and the team captains, maybe even at the weekend if both sides can field their teams!

In all and the broader sense, it was a good start, some interesting results, and some notable game... A few people already geting sweaty of some of the skillful players spotted Smile

I had only 1 downside from the first week, it was small, but nevertheless it was a bit dampening. I've been involved in the on-line gaming community for a LONG time, I'm aware of a bit of friendly chit chat, heated banter and even some antagonism. There are people, that I am watching and I'd like the captain to be aware that excessive flaming won't be tolerated. Also, please be aware that there are referees in the game so constant spam of OMG MH OMG MH OMG MH and sorts will more liley make you look stupid...

If you feel someone was maphacking, finish your game, check the replay and contact a member of staff to highlight the points where you feel something wasn't quite right to be investigated.

To highlight, there is 1 more game left from week one that Team DAP need to play vs Team GDR. As the first game for them every week would be 11am US time, I will allow them to have that played as a one of exception to keep the league that little bit more fruity.

Thanks again everyone, see you next week. Remember, if you want to help with streaming, refereeing or in any other way let us know. For those that have been wondering about being a future GSD admin, its supporting things like this that makes you get noticed!

Here are the replays:
    http://ghost-dota.friendhood.net/t1943-league-replays

Until next week!

ernie.

Last edited by ernie/3foot2 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    bedRock-
    bedRock-

Team League - Week 1 Roundup. Empty Re: Team League - Week 1 Roundup.

Post  bedRock- Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:36 pm

well done everyone, all teams showed up at time thanks all of you for your presence. This first round was a success even if one team didnt show up but we had anticipate that case by taking one sub team.

update : TEAM GDR (cap : z.u.m.a)

See you next Wednesday 19 February 2014 for the Week2 Round

bedRock-

Wislaa-
    Wislaa-

Post  Wislaa- Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 pm

Great organisation guys, sorry for not helping, was watching football with my bro while chilling in channel, and afterwards went to a mate and got my head pumped up with some illegal herbs. One point I didn't like was that a bunch of teams used standins which weren't mentiont in their team, although it strictly said only the 8 guys in team until stransfer. Plus one guy in my team, Nacktekanone ( obss3sion ) was using a diffrent nick as I signed him up here, would be nice if everyone uses the nick they got signed in here from cap ( I'll talk to my guy )!
    ernie/3foot2
    ernie/3foot2

Post  ernie/3foot2 Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:52 pm

1-2 teams had to have a quick change that they emailed about i will let them update their threads. players like Raze for instance didnt have the decency to even get in contact..
    MinionMe
    MinionMe

Post  MinionMe Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:24 am

think I can't provide the stream anymore, pc can't handle it :'(
    1.raze.2raze.3

Post  1.raze.2raze.3 Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:10 am

Seems like we had some contact problems, since ive said from start i coudlnt play yesterday..
    ernie/3foot2
    ernie/3foot2

Post  ernie/3foot2 Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:25 am

hmm.. fair enough, captains have their rosta now.

Try2killme will be liaising with captains to make sure their teams will be there.
    psychodog

Team League - Week 1 Roundup. Empty Streaming

Post  psychodog Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:43 am

hey guys, if someone can link me to a guide about how to stream, I got fast internet and fast computers and don't mind setting something up for streaming, at least some games.
    Wislaa-
    Wislaa-

Post  Wislaa- Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:06 am

psychodog wrote:hey guys, if someone can link me to a guide about how to stream, I got fast internet and fast computers and don't mind setting something up for streaming, at least some games.

perfekt, think bedrock can help you with streaming. Hope you got time next wendsday
    pdc

Post  pdc Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:51 am

would like to say gj for now, its pretty awesome, hope you'll keep this running like you did untill now Razz

And ye, I would try to stream, but need details about it, to see if i have enough strenght for it.

Regards,
    PDc
    Try2KiLLmE
    Try2KiLLmE

Post  Try2KiLLmE Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:12 pm

ernie/3foot2 wrote:hmm.. fair enough, captains have their rosta now.

Try2killme will be liaising with captains to make sure their teams will be there.

I will.
    woefthetripper
    woefthetripper

Post  woefthetripper Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:34 pm

I would like to set up a stream, for ingame streaming.

I've tried to get everything working once, but i didn't manage to succed.

If anyone would like to support me by using teamviewer, i would be more than glad.

Regards,
    Woefthetripper
    bedRock-
    bedRock-

Post  bedRock- Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:55 pm

woef i can show u in 5 minute how to stream. get me on bnet or pm me here if u have skype or something it would be easier
    woefthetripper
    woefthetripper

Post  woefthetripper Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Im online at 19:15-xx:xx todAy. I'll try to contact you asap Smile. Thanks!
    bedRock-
    bedRock-

Post  bedRock- Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:00 pm

i wont be there this week end, try to get u next week then i will get u on RGC.

woefthetripper
    woefthetripper

Post  woefthetripper Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Sure. Thanks Smile
    ernie/3foot2
    ernie/3foot2

Post  ernie/3foot2 Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:37 am

PEDRO! might be an idea to make a post on how to setup stream so that everyone can see and that way you don't need to explain it 50 times Smile
    Black^

Post  Black^ Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:31 am

i wish everyone good luck, i hope team gsd will punish them Very Happy afro
    DrazR

Post  DrazR Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:04 am

I love you all but I've been gone (Moved into new home), But we are americans and the times for the league just dont suit us Sad Most matches are like 10am for us and we are working / sleeping. Sorry friends, Maybe we can scrim later at night
    Black^

Post  Black^ Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:22 pm

sadly that the times are rly gay at all..
    ernie/3foot2
    ernie/3foot2

Post  ernie/3foot2 Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Drazr/Hugme etc, one of the admins will be in contact, lets us know the times you can play (GMT) and days and we will organise the other teams to see what matches can be played out quickly in those slots.

Dates not relevant if we can just get htem played asap.

Post  190590 Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:17 am

Thx GSd for this nice tournement, realy nice to realize the team i am in, isnt coordinated... and always stoned or drunk.... Mad Very Happy
    MinionMe
    MinionMe

Post  MinionMe Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:58 am

and that team is...???

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:34 am